June 9, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COURTS OPTICAL IS OPEN: NEW PROCEDURES TO SERVE YOU
Covid-19 is unlike anything we have experienced in our lifetime and we continue to monitor and respond to its effects during this difficult period. Courts Optical prioritizes the health and well-being of our staff and patients and have taken the last few weeks to change and adjust our operations with new clinical protocols and procedures.
These protocols and procedures have been implemented at six (6) of our branches, which will be opened to the public effective Wednesday June 10th, 2020. These branches are: Main Street, New Amsterdam, Grove, Linden, Parika and Richmond. The opening hours are below:
- Main Street and Grove – Mondays to Saturdays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Parika – Tuesday & Fridays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday – 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Richmond – Tuesdays & Fridays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Linden – Wednesday 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- New Amsterdam – Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Persons for appointments will be asked questions concerning recent health history and travel movements at the time of appointment bookings, and also upon arrival at the branch. This will include questions about any flu-like symptoms, respiratory issues, fever etc. Should any doubts arise regarding the health or travel movements of any patient, the appointment will be re-scheduled to another time when the person is deemed or certified healthy.
- Appointments will be made on an agreed date and the availability of the Optometrist.
- Should a patient require to be accompanied for their appointment, only one person will be allowed to do so, to minimize the number of persons who will enter the store.
- Only three (3) persons will be allowed in the branch at any time. Additional persons will be requested to comply with the Company’s social distancing protocol.
- Walk-ins are welcomed; however, persons who have appointments will take precedence.
- Patient examination will run for thirty (30) minutes.
- Appointments can be made via our online platform at courtsoptical.com or through our Call Centre at +592 225 5886 ext 2403.
Arrival at Branch
- Upon arrival, all persons entering the store must have their hands sanitized.
- All patients will be required to be properly attired in their PPE e.g. facemask.
- Questions concerning recent health history and travel movements will be asked. This will include questions about any flu-like symptoms, respiratory issues, fever etc.
- The temperature of all persons entering the branch will be checked; if found to be high temperatures, the appointment will be rescheduled.
Sanitization of Pre-Testing and Testing Equipment
- All pre-test equipment will be sanitized in the presence of each patient before use.
- Optometrists will also sanitize all the equipment and instruments for examination before and after use in the presence of each patient.
Selection of frames
- Frames will be sanitized before and after frame selection in the presence of the patient.
Collection of glasses
- When a patient comes to collect their glasses, the glasses will be sanitized in the presence of the patient before handing it to the patient.
- All branch staff and patients will be mandated to wear a mask when in the branch.
- All branch staff will also wear disposable hand gloves, which will be changed in the presence of the patient.
In addition to the above, the frequency of our cleaning process has been increased:
- All tabletops, counters and surfaces will be sanitized on a frequent basis.
We encourage you to prioritize your health; wash your hands or sanitize them often, maintain a distance of 6 feet from people around you when in public spaces and enjoy spending time with your loved ones as we go through this challenging period together.
Our Customer Service team at +592 225 5886 ext. 2403 is ready to serve you and will answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to serving you soon at our locations. Stay safe and stay positive as we continue to provide value you can see.
ABOUT UNICOMER GROUP
The Unicomer Group operates in 26 countries from its headquarters in El Salvador, and has over 15,000 employees. The Group offers its customers the widest and most modern line of products and financial services across the countries of operations. The retail brands of Unicomer include Courts, Lucky Dollar, Courts Optical, Courts Ready Cash, Ashley Furniture HomeStore, and RadioShack.
– END –